If any of the following symptoms occur on the RICOH THETA V that has gone on sale today, updating the firmware may solve the problem.
- Cannot connect to the RICOH THETA V and the smartphone app RICOH THETA S.
- A video file was transferred from the camera to a computer, but it cannot be played back on the PC application.
- After transferring a video file from the camera to smartphone, and then a computer, it cannot be played back on the PC application.
- Cannot connect to a miracast-compatible wireless receiver.
- GPS information is not recorded in images captured by pressing the shutter button on the camera.
A variety of other issues can be resolved by updating the firmware, so please try this if you notice any other problems than the above.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused with this matter and we highly appreciate for your understanding.
*How to Update your RICOH THETA
You need to install Computer application(version3.1.0) in order to update your RICOH THETA. Please download it from the link below.
RICOH THETA for Windows(R)
RICOH THETA for Mac
For details on how to update using Computer application, see
“Updating the Camera Firmware from the Computer Application” in the User Guide .